16TH CENTURY THEATRE DATABASE
- Alleyn, Edward - A biography of the English actor.
- Arden of Feversham - A brief history of the sixteenth century play based on an actual murder.
- Burbage, James - A brief biography of the English actor and theatrical manager.
- Burbage, Richard - A biography of the English actor and originator of many of Shakespeare's greatest rôles.
- Commedia dell'Arte - An overview of the Italian improvised drama.
- Condemnation of the Elizabethan Theater - An examination of attempts by the Church and the London Corporation to shut down the theaters, as well as the royal protection which allowed the theaters to thrive.
- Court Comedies and Masques - An analysis of two groups of sixteenth century plays which belonged neither to the democratic, popular class, nor to the pseudo-classical species fostered by the academic circles.
- The Early English Theaters - An account of the rise of the earliest English theaters and description of their conditions.
- Elizabethan Dramatic Criticism - An overview of dramatic criticism during the Elizabethan period.
- The First Blackfriars Theatre - A history of one of the earliest English playhouses.
- Gascoigne, George - A biography of the English poet/dramatist and analysis of his works.
- Greene, Robert - A biography of the English dramatist and analysis of his poetic style.
- Heywood, John - An analysis of the interludes of this sixteenth century writer.
- Italian Dramatic Criticism of the Renaissance - An overview of dramatic criticism during the Italian Renaissance.
- Kyd, Thomas - A biography of the Elizabethan dramatist and author of The Spanish Tragedy.
- Lyly, John - A biography of the first prolific English writer of comedies.
- Marlowe, Christopher - A biography of the Elizabethan dramatist.
- Munday, Anthony - A biography of the English dramatist.
- Nashe, Thomas - A biography of the dramatist and miscellaneous writer.
- Peele, George - A biography of the English playwright and analysis of his poetic style.
- The Rose Theatre - A history of one of the first English playhouses.
- Shakespeare's Early Contemporaries - An account of some of the other prominent dramatists of Shakespeare's day.
- Shakespeare, William - A biography of the most famous of the Elizabethan dramatists.
- Udall, Nicholas - A biography of the "founder of English comedy."